"From the deep waters of Scorpio, we come up for a breath of fresh air. Sagittarius Season is a time to expand your mind, energy, and hopes for the future." ~Spirit Daughter. Support this bright vision with crystals for good fortune, creativity & optimism. Practice gratitude by focusing on what makes you feel alive, grateful and in wonder!
"From the deep waters of Scorpio, we come up for a breath of fresh air. Sagittarius Season is a time to expand your mind, energy, and hopes for the future. It’s also a time to reflect on the past year and a gentle reminder to find the higher meaning of the road you just traveled. Sagittarius is the sign of silver linings and reminds us to focus on the good in life. Yes, we need to honor our feelings and process them, but we also need to direct our attention toward gratitude and positivity for ultimate soul healing.
Ruled by Fire and Jupiter, Sagittarius represents the student, the philosopher, and the wanderer. This sign reminds us that we are always learning and everyone is our teacher. It teaches us that life is about experiences, and sometimes we take a leap of faith to gather the information we need to evolve. As we journey through the world, we constantly connect with different truths and perspectives.
If we can remain open to these truths and free of judgment, we can expand our consciousness and find the higher purpose of our lives. The key is to allow ourselves to integrate new information freely. This integration includes letting go of outdated perspectives, allowing ourselves to be wrong, and encouraging a change in opinion when needed. Sagittarius reminds us that it’s ok to change and there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with our former selves. Evolution is a process..."
"This new moon in Sagittarius includes a stellium-- Sun, Moon, Venus and Mercury. The energy of this stellium unites the conscious, emotional self with an optimism and enthusiasm for what lies outside of the box. Our thoughts turn from a personal focus to a desire to expand our experience into unknown territory that holds answers that we have not thought of.
Our aim is upward and outward like the Centaur’s arrow. As the symbol for Sagittarius the Centaur, half-man, half-horse represents the physical and mental/psychological experience but with aspirations that guide him into unexplored territory. Faith and trust in the journey are amplified now as Jupiter, the ruler of Sagittarius is highly aspected in this new moon chart. It is in trine aspect to the new moon and on this day goes direct from a period of retrograde (retrograde motion 7/28/22). Full steam ahead! Very positive vibes for growth, expansion, optimism and revealing Truth. A global hug, community hug, family hug, hug your partner, hug your self! The continued expansion of what is good for one is good for all—kindness and sharing.
It’s that time of year! It’s that time of Life!
“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite."
Open your eyes to new possibilities and opportunities with Green Aventurine. Known as a stone for prosperity and good fortune, this crystal will support decisive, brilliant action based on creative vision, with perseverance to match!
Take a deep breath of serenity and inner peace, meditate with Lapis to strength your sense of harmony and deep self-knowledge. Creates a path forward with clarity and creativity, truth, confidence, and open expression of feelings leading to stronger interpersonal bonds.
Enjoy living fully in your own natural originality, optimism and enthusiasm. Sunstone brings openness, benevolence, and warmth, so that you can be emboldened with creative energy, and see all of life as abundant and prosperous, having transmuted heavier energies into rays of bright sunlight.
“He who kisses joy as it flies by will live in eternity's sunrise.”
What if you discovered that living with awareness and intention, focusing on what makes you feel alive, grateful and in wonder, allows you to: live longer, inspire others, experience joy, hold pain and grief with compassion, and deepen love, generosity and respect for all life?
Grateful Living is way of life that does all of the above and, in so doing, contributes to a peaceful, thriving, and sustainable world – held as sacred by all.
1. Take a moment each day this week to notice the sky—the changing clouds and colors. Try saying thank you aloud to the sky and its varied elements. How does this change your experience of the moment?
2. Each day commit to looking directly into the face of another and simply smile without words. What happens? What does it feel like to show appreciation for someone? What do you feel in your body? In your heart?
3. Experiment with using only a flashlight to move through the darkness of a day/evening to truly embed appreciation for the gift of light. Consider all those who went before to make electric and battery light possible and bring to mind the millions of people around the world who don’t yet have access to electric light. How does this reflection impact you? How might you honor this gift?
4. Write down something at the end of the day that describes how you left the day better than you found it. Take in the positive impact that you do and can have on our world.
5. Go for a walk and notice any natural and human-made wonders that give you a sense of “awe.” What is the impact?
6. Commit one month a year to begin each day with a grateful living practice that, no matter what, you will step into with an open heart.
1. What are you grateful for in your life right now? Why?
2. What array of colors are visible to you in this moment? How might they inspire you?
3. How can you live a grateful life in the face of pain and suffering?
4. Consider a difficult situation and the impact it had on you. Can you identify an aspect of the situation (or impact) that you can feel grateful about?
5. Why focus on each and every day being a gift? How does that help us live a more grateful life?
6. Who are people you know who live a grateful life? How are their lives different than yours?
7. Close your eyes, imagine a world where EVERYONE lives a more grateful life. Describe this world and how you fit in.
8. Imagine you are on your deathbed. What are you grateful for in that moment? Are there things that you would like to change in your life now so that you can truly be grateful for a life well-lived when death comes?
Thank you for opening your eyes and heart to truly having, and contributing to, a grateful day and a grateful world!
What does it mean to truly live gratefully, every day? In Wake Up Grateful, Kristi Nelson, executive director of Grateful Living, unlocks the path to recognizing abundance in every moment, and gives readers the tools to bring this transformational shift in perspective into their daily lives.
Nelson was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer when she was only 33 years old. For the past 27 years, she has walked through life with an ever-deepening practice of Grateful Living. In her book Wake Up Grateful, Kristi offers inspiration, meditations, and practices for how to live gratefully in the world.
Nelson goes beyond the proverbial question of whether the glass is half full or half empty, and encourages readers to awaken to the gift of having a glass at all. With tailored questions for reflection, daily exercises, and perspective prompts for appreciating the fullness of life as it is right now, this book promises profound personal change through the practice of taking nothing for granted.